- RSS Channel Showcase 7870518
- RSS Channel Showcase 2356281
- RSS Channel Showcase 3436218
- RSS Channel Showcase 6284169
Articles on this Page
- 03/10/16--06:26: _Adoption, secrecy a...
- 04/12/16--06:36: _Mayor’s memoir
- 09/07/16--06:45: _Steve Pemberton
- 09/28/16--07:00: _My Journey to the H...
- 11/14/16--07:20: _Cartoonist Roz Chast
- 02/08/17--07:01: _Leaving Russia
- 03/31/17--06:28: _Author/journalist N...
- 04/13/17--06:55: _Adoption, secrecy, ...
- 09/06/17--06:58: _Golinkin at First Y...
- 02/13/18--08:54: _Yak Girl
- 03/07/18--07:11: _The story of Yak Girl
- 09/04/18--07:00: _John Kerry memoir
- 10/24/18--06:57: _A Love Story in Eig...
- 12/07/18--07:30: _A Jesuit Cossack
- 03/10/16--06:26: Adoption, secrecy and love
- 04/12/16--06:36: Mayor’s memoir
- 09/07/16--06:45: Steve Pemberton
- 09/28/16--07:00: My Journey to the Heights
- 11/14/16--07:20: Cartoonist Roz Chast
- 02/08/17--07:01: Leaving Russia
- 03/31/17--06:28: Author/journalist Nicholas Gage
- 04/13/17--06:55: Adoption, secrecy, and love
- 09/06/17--06:58: Golinkin at First Year Academic Convocation
- 02/13/18--08:54: Yak Girl
- 03/07/18--07:11: The story of Yak Girl
- 09/04/18--07:00: John Kerry memoir
- 10/24/18--06:57: A Love Story in Eighteen Songs
- 12/07/18--07:30: A Jesuit Cossack
Journalist and BC alumna Caitríona Palmer was born in Dublin in 1972 to an unwed mother. Raised by loving adoptive parents, she still was eager to track down her birth mother. When she was in her late 20s, she connected with her birth mother and … Continue reading
Alumnus R.T. Rybak, who served three terms as mayor of Minneapolis, has published a memoir about his life and time as mayor of his hometown. Pothole Confidential: My Life as Mayor of Minneapolis (University of Minnesota Press, 2016) takes readers into the … Continue reading
At First Year Academic Convocation tomorrow, the Class of 2020 will hear from alumnus Steve Pemberton, whose memoir, A Chance in the World, was given to each freshman at orientation. Pemberton’s memoir tells of his harsh upbringing in the foster care … Continue reading
kathsullivanchance in the world
My Journey to the Heights: A Memoir of Boston College (1951-2015) is a new book that captures the story of James P. McIntyre ’57, M.Ed.’61, D.Ed.’67, H’11, from his humble beginnings in Malden to a student in BC’s Evening College in the 1950s … Continue reading
A prominent cartoonist who joined The New Yorker in 1978, Roz Chast has established herself as one of our greatest artistic chroniclers of the anxieties, superstitions, furies, insecurities and surreal imaginings of modern life. She will discuss her graphic memoir, … Continue reading
Leaving Russia: A Jewish Story, a memoir by Professor of Russian, English, and Jewish Studies Maxim D. Shrayer has been released in a paperback edition. The first English-language, autobiographical and nonfictional account of growing up Jewish in the former USSR, Leaving … Continue reading
Influential Greek American writer Nicholas Gage will give a talk titled “A Writer’s Odyssey” on Apr. 3 at 6 p.m. in Gasson Hall, room 306. His acclaimed memoir, Eleni, describes life in Greece during the civil war and the execution of … Continue reading
The 2017 Irish Writers Series at Boston College presents journalist Caitríona Palmer, who will read from her memoir, An Affair with My Mother: A Story of Adoption, Secrecy and Love, on April 19 at 4:30 p.m. in Devlin Hall, Room 101. Born in … Continue reading
Alumnus Lev Golinkin, author of the memoir A Backpack, a Bear, and Eight Crates of Vodka, will be the keynote speaker at First Year Academic Convocation on Sept. 7, at 7 p.m., in Conte Forum. Golinkin’s book is a heartbreaking and … Continue reading
Dorje Dolma will talk about her remarkable childhood, the focus of her memoir, Yak Girl: Growing Up in the Remote Dolpo Region of Nepal (Sentient Publications, 2018), on Feb. 15 at 6 p.m. in Higgins Room, 310. Dolma was born in … Continue reading
At age seven, Dorje Dolma was living in one of the most remote places in the world, protecting her family’s goats and sheep from wolves and snow leopards. By age 10, she was facing a life-threatening condition and would encounter … Continue reading
John Kerry tells the story of his life—from son of a diplomat to decorated Vietnam veteran, five-term United States senator, 2004 Democratic presidential nominee, and Secretary of State—in his new memoir, Every Day Is Extra (Simon & Schuster, 2018). Kerry … Continue reading
kathsullivanJohn Kerry tells the story of his remarkable American life—from son of a diplomat to decorated Vietnam veteran, five-term United States senator, 2004...
Peter Coviello will read from his memoir Long Players: A Love Story in Eighteen Songs (Penguin Books, 2018) on Oct. 25 at 5 p.m. in Connolly House, 300 Hammond St. Coviello, a professor of English at the University of Illinois at Chicago, is the … Continue reading
Before assuming the presidency of Boston College in 1932, Louis J. Gallagher, S.J., spent 15 months on a mission of danger and diplomacy in Russia. His adventure is recounted in the newly published memoir A Jesuit Cossack: A Memoir by Louis J. Gallagher, … Continue reading